This position serves as a machine operator in our manufacturing facility. The position is
responsible for manufacturing carbide tools and parts under the supervision of the Plant
Manager or the Shift Supervisor. The focus of this position is to provide finished tools by
programing, editing, loading and monitoring our 5 Axis CNC Grinding machines.
- Operate CNC Grinding machines to shape carbide parts to specifications in tooling prints using drawings, existing programs and verbal instructions.
- Pull stock before the job has been set up and verify material is correct to the traveler requirement.
- Verify that any documents pertaining to the work order necessary for production are in the packet.
- Gather all necessary tooling, fixtures, and materials needed for the job per traveler
- Verify the equipment has been set up in a safe and operational manner.
- Understand how to read production drawings, product requirements on the traveler, and know where critical characteristics are.
- Able to check parts using micrometers and calipers.
- Able to record measurements taken using micrometers and calipers.
- Able to deburr parts while machine is running.
- Monitor the operation of machine to assure the machine is operating safely and is
producing a quality part.
- Can adjust the machines according to dimensional non-conformity.
- Report any machine malfunction or safety condition.
- Maintain work area (housekeeping).
- Other tasks as directed by management.
- The ability work closely with others in a team orientated work environment.
- Must be able to verbally communicate, read and comprehend written and verbal
instructions, detailed drawings and documents, and be capable of doing basic
- Able to work in a loud environment.
- Able to work extended hours as required.
- Experience operating five axis CNC Grinding machines required (preferred)
- 2 to 5 years’ experience operating Walters & Rolomatic 5 Axis CNC Grinding machines (preferred but not required)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, various hand tools such as wrenches, plyers, sockets, etc., and load tools in CNC Grinding machines. The employee is required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms frequently.